So there is a hot, exotic Asian-American woman at work and you have been wondering how to date Asian American women. The trick is to be yourself and to approach dating her, for the most part, as you would any other American girl. Most Asian-American women consider themselves Americans first, Asians second and appreciate being treated that way. That being said, there may be some differences. For instance, Asian families tend to be more strict, especially those relatively new to the United States, so there is a chance an Asian-American woman you want to date may be more straitlaced than some other women you have dated. Here are some tips that can help you win over that Asian-American woman who has caught your eye.
- Don’t make the mistake of lumping all Asians into one group. Don’t assume, for instance, that a Japanese-American woman is going to like Thai food just because they are both Asian. Of course, there is a chance she will like it, but it’s best not to assume so beforehand.
- Don’t make Asian jokes until you get to know her better. Some Asian-American women are fine with a joke or two regarding their ethnicity. For others, it’s a huge turnoff. If an Asian-American woman has been teased a lot growing up, she will be especially sensitive to remarks she might find offensive or rude.
- Don’t make generic remarks as to how you feel about Asian-American women. Saying, “I love Asian women because they are more submissive than American women,” or “I’ve always wanted to date an Asian woman,” is a big no-no. First of all, she may not be submissive. Second of all, women – no matter their race – want to feel special. They don’t want to feel like you are interested in them simply because they fit into a certain broad category.
- Don't bring up every Asian person you know or have known. Some people do this when they are around people of different races in hopes of showing how ethnically diverse their relationships are. Don't do it. You'll just come across as awkward and make the Asian-American woman feel uncomfortable.
- Do understand that many Asian-American women respect and value their family's opinion on things. If you make a bad impression on an Asian-American’s mother or father and they end up not liking you, your chances of having a relationship with this woman are not going to be good. Try to show respect and good manners around the woman's family, as these are usually very important in Asian cultures.
- Do be yourself as much as possible. Don't try to be someone you think the Asian-American woman will like. Eventually, you will get tired of pretending and leave her wondering what happened.
- Do ask her opinion on ideas for the date. She may want to leave it up to you, but try to get some ideas of things to do. The date will go much smoother if both of you are feeling comfortable with the activity and/or setting.
- Do try to feel comfortable if you end up in a large family gathering or other social group where it turns out that you are one of the few non Asian-Americans. Remember, too, to make her feel comfortable at any family gatherings that you may take her to, as she may be the only Asian attending. If you know that one of your friends or family members has a tendency to insult people or be abrasive, try to steer your date away from them so they won't have to feel uncomfortable.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!