How To Date A Cougar
Break a few taboos by figuring out how to date a cougar, an attractive woman significantly older than you. There are several reasons to date a cougar. First, she's likely to have experience and know what she wants. Second, she'll probably have money and be able to take you nice places. Keep your eyes open for a cougar who is looking for a cub, and when the moment strikes, let her pounce.
- Let her make the first move. After years of being pursued by men, or perhaps after a long marriage that just ended in a bitter divorce, many cougar women like to be the ones in charge. If you see a hot older woman across the room, smile coyly at her, but don't approach her. If she comes up to you to talk, you're set.
- Dress to impress. A cougar may love to show off her cub to her friends or a jealous ex. When you go on a date with a cougar, make sure you look your best. Pull on a well fitted suit and comb your hair. Save the plaid shorts and polo shirts for another day.
- Take things slowly. Be aware when you date a cougar that you may be dating a woman who is on the rebound after a long relationship. Don't rush her and don't talk about commitment. Surprising as it may sound, some older women may just want you for your hot body. Wait to bring up talk of commitment or the future until she does.
- Think about the future. You may be having fun dating a cougar, but think about how long you plan to be in the relationship. If she does want to take things to the next level, ask yourself a few important questions, such as would you want to have children with this woman, which may be impossible due to her age? Can you trust her?
- Respect her. You think that dating a cougar is a conquest and your friends may congratulate you on scoring with the older woman, but remember that she is a person too. Be open with her about what you want and listen to and try to fulfill her needs as well.