Learning how to date a shy girl takes extra thought and patience. Guys might struggle with knowing what a shy girl is thinking. Her quiet nature can be both alluring and confusing. If you are lusting after a mysterious and quiet woman, it is time to break out of your traditional dating mold.
- She's going to need an icebreaker. The biggest challenge for men dating a shy girl is that she will probably be nervous around you. Women love flattery, but this girl might feel awkward if you use standard pick-up lines on her. You will want to get her comfortable in a group setting before approaching her alone. Don't call it a date, just plan an outing with some of her friends and some yours. If she starts feeling shy, she'll have her buddies there to ward off timidness.
- Plan a non-threatening first date. Your shy girl will appreciate it if the first one-on-one dates don't require a ton of conversation. Movies are a classic choice, and they will give you something to discuss on the ride home. Doing something active can take her mind off of finding something to say. Try rock climbing, kayaking or even putt putt golf. A few well-planned dates like these and she will be feeling comfortable around you in no time.
- Ask her about herself. Shy girls make excellent listeners, but even they will get irritated if the conversation is always about you. If she seems reluctant to start talking about herself, brainstorm some questions to ask her. Show interest in her hobbies, her career or her family.
- Be understanding and supportive. If you are not shy yourself, your girl's behavior may occasionally seem odd or even paranoid. Don't make fun of her if she gets nervous correcting a wrong order in a restaurant or meeting your friends. You also don't need to dominate these situations. When dating a shy girl, concentrate on being encouraging and understanding about her feelings.
- Give her some space. Your girl will appreciate plenty of time to herself. Dating a shy girl should never mean being together every second of the day. You shouldn't feel guilty if she stays home by herself on a Saturday night while you go out with the boys. She isn't sulking about it, she likes it!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.