How to Date a Single Mother
Even the most successful career daters have failed miserably when trying to determine how to date a single mother. It isn’t because they are any more complex than the rest of the female species, but because a lot of guys tend to overlook the simple few extra accommodations that go along with dating a single mom.
If you’ve ever wanted to score yourself a MILF, then pay attention because we’re about to show you how! To date a single mother successfully, you’ll want to follow these five easy rules.
- Adhere to her schedule – You must keep in mind that a single mom not only has her own schedule to form a social life around, but her kids also have schedules that she must conform to. As much as she might love the idea of those spontaneously romantic interludes, it’s not often that last minute invitations can be accepted when Jr. has a baseball game or there’s no babysitter on call. Be prepared to plan your dates in advance and try not to cancel or reschedule. When you date a single mother you have to remember that she has gone out her way to make time to see you, and most likely is paying for childcare too.
- Leave your insecurities at the door – We all have our doubts and insecurities when we begin dating a new hottie, but when you date a single mother you really…really, need to stop reading between the lines and take what she says at face value. Sure declining one or more dates in a row may seem discouraging, but again, remembering what we learned in rule number one: single moms have tight schedules and sometimes can’t slip away, or a sitter cancels. Don’t take this as a “blow off” or question her sincerity. S*** happens! And the last thing any single mom wants is to be dating another kid.
- Acceptance of the children – If things are going well for you and your MILF companion it is inevitable that somewhere down the line you’ll be meeting with the rug rats. Most single moms don’t expect much more than that from a casual dating relationship and she'll expect you guys not to cringe at the thought of spending an afternoon at little league practice or a family party. You don’t have to hand in your “baby daddy” resume, but you’ll have to at least tolerate children if you want to date a single mother.
- Keep some space from her children – Not to contradict what we’ve talked about in rule number three, but to expand on it, let’s just say that you should not go to the other extreme and start dating the children. By that we mean getting carried away with hanging out or trying to “bond” with her kids right off the bat. Bringing extravagant gifts, too many “horsy rides” or having them call you “Uncle” is not the way to their mother’s heart. She'll know if you’re using the kids to get to her and she won’t like it! If you are serious about wanting to date a single mother you’ll need to find a comfortable happy medium between rules three and four.
- Treat her like a woman, not a mom – Single moms are real women at the core. Aside from the few above mentioned considerations, a single mom won't want you to treat her any differently than any other woman you would date. She isn't your mother, and shouldn't be treated as such. If your dad did that, you wouldn't be here. Treat her like the sexy, provocative creature she is once the kiddies aren’t in plain view.
Well guys, there you have it. Easier than you thought, isn’t it? Now that you know just how to date a single mother, go ahead and work your magic on that MILF you’ve had your eye on!