How To Deal With Anger
Knowing how to deal with anger will help you handle difficult circumstances. Having a bad temper or internalizing your anger will only make matters worse. Try to determine the cause of your anger and then avoid putting yourself in similar situations going forward. Then try one of the activities listed below, to help deal with your anger.
- Go for a run. You don’t want to run away from your problems altogether, but a nice long run can help you deal with anger. While you are running, go over in your head what is causing you to be angry. You may be able to solve your problem during the run, which will make the exercise even more enjoyable.
- Workout on a punching bag. It’s better to hit a bag than the person who is causing you the grief. Pounding on a heavy bag is also a great way to relieve stress and burn some calories at the same time. If you have never hit a bag before make sure to start slow or you may injure your hands and wrists.
- Take a nap. If you can find time for a quick nap, you may wake up feeling refreshed instead of angry. Try not to think about your problems while you are resting. Relax and then tackle the issue once you wake up.
- Meditate. Find a quiet spot and either sit down on the floor or in a chair. Close your eyes and try to relax. Once your anger has subsided, try to think of a way to fix your problem and then implement your plan.
- Meet with the person causing your anger. If your anger is directed toward a particular person, sit down with them and calmly discuss your issues. You may be able to come to terms with the root cause of your problems with the person. This can help to prevent futures problems from occurring.