How To Deal With Being Stood Up
Sadly most men have to learn how to deal with being stood up. It happens to everyone at some point in time because either the girl forgets, has a problem or just changes her mind. It can be humiliating to sit at an empty table at a restaurant on Valentines' but men who learn how to deal with being stood up realize that they can turn even the worst situations in positives.
- Date? What date? Deny that you even had a date. Tell the waiter at the restaurant that you are an under cover shopper from the restaurant chain and you wanted to see if the staff would make you feel uncomfortable for dining alone. This idea really removes the embarrassment of being stood up and the waiter may even give you some freebies to keep you happy.
- Get revenge. If a girl stands you up the best thing to do is let her know how it feels. If she stood you up because she decided you were not worthy of her company, then get your coolest friend to ask her out and stand her up. Tell him to have her go somewhere really fancy and spend a fortune on a nice dress. When she realizes her date is a no-show she will come crawling back to you for advice on her to deal with being stood up.
- Cry. The girl who stood you up probably thought you would be mad but she will not expect you to cry. Humiliate her in front of her friends by showing up in tears. Make a public spectacle of yourself at her work or in a public place and let everyone know how she crushed you. The down side to this plan is that it is also humiliating for you but it is probably worth it.
- Big picture. One of the best ways to deal with being stood up is to look at the big picture. So you missed out on a date? Big deal. Think of all the much worse things that could have happened. Imagine if you had been kidnapped and experimented on by aliens, eaten by lions or had a meteorite land on your house. No matter how much your heart aches, things could always be worse.
- Get Drunk. Getting drunk is the most popular way to deal with being stood up. Call up some friends, be honest and tell them what happened and then head to your favorite haunt. Beer tastes good when spirits are low and you might even find some Dutch courage than enables you to hit on an even hotter girl than your missed date.