It's over, and you are hurting, and now you need to learn how to deal with break up depression. It will take a little while to get back to 100%, particularly after a serious relationship, but there are a few things you can do to help you feel better more quickly. A few of the best ways to deal with break up depression:
- Don't try to be friends with your ex too quickly after your break up. It is going to take some time for the two of you to feel comfortable around each other again, and you may never be able to pull it off. And, if you are considering trying to be friends with the end goal of getting her back, it is especially important that you think this over and give yourself some distance. You are just setting yourself up for additional heartache and prolonging your depression.
- Give yourself 72 hours after your break up to do nothing but wallow. Spend the time in bed, watch dumb action films, eat potato chips and drink beer. Stay in your pajamas. Indulging in a good sulk can be cathartic and help you get over depression. But, after that time is through, shower, shave, and get dressed.
- Stay busy after your break up. You may not feel like doing anything, but, keeping yourself busy is a good way to deal with break up depression. If you allow yourself too much time doing nothing because you feel too miserable, your inactivity will compound your depression.
- Get some exercise. Exercise releases endorphins, which can ward off depression after a break up. Plus, a nice intense workout is a great way to burn off some of those negative feelings. As a bonus, when you feel good enough to date again, you'll look good, too.
- Consider a rebound fling. It helps after a break up to know that you've still got it. You will, of course, be honest and up front and let the new lady know that you just got out of a relationship. Just keep it light and friendly, and ensure that you both have a good time. You'll get over your break up depression sooner than you ever expected.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …