How To Deal With Infertility Issues
Knowing how to deal with infertility issues can lessen the stress of trying to get pregnant. Being disappointed month after month when the pregnancy test is negative can be quite discouraging. There are steps that you can take to make you feel better about your infertility issues.
- Reach out to other couples with infertility. Ask your local hospital, doctor, or church to find a support group for those with infertility issues. It helps to hear that other have similar struggles. It is helpful to share your frustrations and hurdles with others who understand the stresses of infertility.
- Find a positive way to deal with stress. Learn how to meditate, take yoga classes, and indulge in regular massages. Get out in nature and exercise to let go of all the pent up stress that can result from dealing with infertility issues.
- Keep the romance alive. When having sex is recorded on a chart and scheduled for optimal times to conceive the romance can go right out of it. Take time to have date night, take time for foreplay and focus on the positives in your relationship, even without a baby in the picture.
- Stay healthy. Many causes of infertility have to do with the general health of the couple. Smoking, drinking alcohol, and drug abuse can all cause infertility. Beyond that eating a healthy diet and getting some exercise will make you healthier overall, giving you the best chance to conceive and have a healthy and viable pregnancy.
- Keep your options open. For some couples the stress of infertility is heightened if they feel that conceiving a child is the only option. Discuss whether adoption, use of a surrogate, or deciding not to have children are viable options. Knowing that there are other options can often lessen the hopelessness that comes with long-term infertility.