How To Deal With Love Without Sex
Knowing how to deal with love without sex requires patience and understanding. Some relationships are not very intimately intense, but that does not mean they cannot last. If you find yourself fin one of these situations, there are a few steps you can take to make life more enjoyable.
- Make your relationship as strong as it can be. If you are in a relationship that includes love without sex, you need to focus on other elements in the relationship to make it strong and positive. Intimacy is important for any relationship, of course, but there are other aspects that can make it fulfilling. If you both like to travel, take extensive vacations. If you enjoy dancing, sign up for ballroom lessons. Focus on other aspects of the relationship, and not just the sex.
- Masturbation. You obviously still have physical needs, even if you are in a relationship that is love without sex. In order to satisfy yourself, you should masturbate as needed. This may be multiple times a day or just once a week, depending on your needs, but this sort of self-gratification will help you manage your needs.
- Throw yourself into something. You will need to find something to fill the void where sex should be in your relationship. If you take up a hobby and really get into it, you will find that it provides a sense of fulfillment and occupies some of your time, keeping your mind off the lack of sex in your relationship. If you are in a relationship that is love without sex, take up mountain climbing or model train building or golf or anything to burn off your nervous energy.
- Make the most of your intimacies. Even in a relationship that is love without sex, you are likely to have some levels of intimate moments, be it petting, touching, dry humping, or just kissing and “necking.” Make the most of these interactions, enjoying them and building on them so that you both get satisfaction out of the physical aspect of being with each other.
- Suggest an open relationship. This is perhaps the last resort when you are in a relationship that includes love without sex. An “open” relationship means that you—and her, if she chooses—is able to have sex with others, but without falling in love. It simply allows you to explore physical satisfactions outside of your own bedroom, so that you can be satisfied but still come home to your love relationship.