How To Deal With Low Male Sex Drive
Any man trying to figure out how to deal with low male sex drive should examine whether one of six common physical causes of decreased libido may be affecting his sexual performance. A man suffering from low libido may be reluctant to discuss the matter with his personal physician. However, once the physical cause of his low male sex drive has been determined, then he can take the appropriate measures to fix the problem.
- Alcoholism is a common cause of low sex drive. A recovery program such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) may be the best means of recovery from the debilitating disease of alcoholism.
- Drug abuse is another common cause of low libido. Drugs such as cocaine and heroin are highly addictive and may cause a man to experience a low sex drive. A treatment program under the direction of a licensed medical professional is the best method of addressing the problem.
- Anemia occurs when the number or capacity of red blood cells is insufficient to meet the needs of the body. The most common cause of anemia is iron deficiency. Others include vitamin deficiencies (such as folate, B12, and A), as well as other conditions which are best identified and treated by a medical professional. Symptoms can include fatigue, weakness, and decreased libido.
- Obesity is a very common cause of low male sex drive. Weight loss plans come in a thousand different shapes and guises. Seek the advice of a doctor before undertaking a new diet or exercise regimen. There may be underlying health concerns associated with being over-weight. However, slimming down is always the healthiest option.
- Prescription medications such as antidepressants may lower libido and the ability to maintain an erection. Proscar tablets are another prescribed medication that may contribute to decreased sex drive by blocking the activation of testosterone. If a prescription medication is the suspected cause of decreased sex drive, then a doctor should be consulted.
- Low Testosterone is an uncommon cause of low male sex drive. However, it can result in instances when the testicles have been compromised due to injury or disease. Consult with a doctor. Testosterone can be administered as a prescription hormone therapy.