How To Deal With No Sexual Desire
If you want to know how to deal with no sexual desire, remember that this happens to many men. Most probably won't be willing to admit it, but every man has a time where he has to deal with no sexual desire. When this happens to you, remember to go with the flow. A variety of reasons can cause lack of sexual desire.
- Figure out what happened. When you are dealing with no sexual desire, you must start at the beginning. When did you lose interest in sex? Is this an ongoing problem? Did it happen once? Were you drinking when you had no sexual desire? These are a few of the questions you might ask when you probe your lack of sexual desire.
- Work with your partner. If you're in a relationship, work with your partner in order to deal with no sexual desire. Talk with her about your problem and tell her why you think it's happening. If it was a one-time occurrence, it's probably worth worrying about. If you were drinking when it happened, or if you are a heavy drinker, this could be one of the reasons you have no sexual desire. Your partner will appreciate your honesty about the problem. After all, she already knows something is up!
- See a physician. Dealing with no sexual desire can mean making an appointment to see your physician. If your lack of sexual desire has been going on for a while, it's best to get a medical check up. Your doctor will perform an exam and perhaps order diagnostic tests. Sometimes a lack of sexual desire is rooted in a medical problem, but only your doctor can properly diagnose it. Ask any questions you might have, and do as your doctor orders in order to deal with no sexual desire.
- Relax. If you've worked through your issues, talked with your partner, and seen a physician in order to determine how to deal with no sexual desire, it's time to relax. If you still have no sexual desire, don't worry about it. The more you harp upon your problem, the worse it will be. The best thing you can do is live your life. Engage in activities that are pleasurable. Don't pressure yourself to try to have sex as a way to deal with no sexual desire.
- Work with a therapist. Sometimes you will find dealing with no sexual desire means seeing a therapist. If your physician says there is no medical reason for your lack of sexual desire, work with a therapist. Often your doctor can refer you to someone who specializes in how to deal with no sexual desire. Therapy may help you to overcome the problem and restore your interest in sex.