If you are looking for how to deal with performance anxiety during sex, then you are not alone. Many people deal with anxiety related to sexual activities. Too much anxiety can make sex uncomfortable or even impossible. The sooner you deal with your performance issues, the sooner you can return to having satisfying sexual relations with your partner.
- Give yourself a pep talk. This is a simple technique that can be very effective. Say positive things to yourself before and during sexual encounters. Be positive and believe in your abilities.
- Work on reducing your stress. Performance anxiety during sex can be dealt with by reducing your anxiety in general. Deep breathing and yoga are effective ways to reduce stress.
- Schedule an appointment with a sex therapist. If you have an underlying psychological issue that’s causing your performance anxiety during sex, a trained sex therapist can help you get that issue out in the open so you can move past it and deal with your performance anxiety.
- Find a loving, supportive partner. Casual sexual encounters or a distant partner can make performance anxiety during sex worse. A loving partner that you have a strong relationship with will help you deal with the problem and get it under control.
- Talk to your doctor about treatments for erectile dysfunction. If this is a problem for you, it can be accompanied by performance anxiety. Dealing with your erectile dysfunction will help you deal with your performance anxiety during sex, as well.
Sexual encounters are meant to be pleasurable and satisfying for both partners. If you focus on enjoying yourself and helping your partner to enjoy the experience, you might find that performance anxiety is no longer an issue.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.