How To Deal With Problems With Intimacy
Maybe you feel that you have built up a wall and have trouble with intimacy and believe that it may be a good idea to learn about how to deal with problems of intimacy. If so, you've come to the right place. Here are a few tips on how to deal with problems of intimacy so you can get the help you need.
- Recognize the problem. If you have issues with trust, lack affection or fear when others discuss intimate issues with you then you may have intimacy issues that need addressing. The first step is realizing that you have a problem in the first place.
- Find out why. One of the first steps in getting over your problems with intimacy is to find out why you have the problem in the first place. This can be based on past occurrences in your life or trauma that you may have experienced. Knowing what your fear is based on is a good step in fixing things.
- Talk to someone. Start with your partner and talk about your problems. They may know more than you realize and will be helpful in making a change in the way they perceive you or how they act towards you. At the very least they will know you are trying to work through your issues.
- Take time to yourself. There's nothing more healing than a little time to get to know yourself without distractions. Take some time off from everything if it's possible so that you can focus on healing yourself. This doesn't mean break up with your partner or quit your job but do try to get some alone time.
- Seek help. A counselor or advisor can be helpful in straightening out your issues and getting to the bottom of why you are feeling a certain way that may have led to problems with intimacy. Not every counselor needs money either. You can check out church counselors or local agencies may be able to help if you can't afford a large bill.
As long as you realize you have problems with intimacy, these steps to learn about dealing with problems with intimacy can be helpful to get you started on dealing with your problems and making things work for you.