How To Deal With Your Anger And Get Respect
Want to know how to deal with your anger and get respect? It can be hard to respect someone who is always angry and yelling at others. Even though anger outbursts can get get you what you want in the moment, it is not healthy for you or others around you. Anger management can help you deal with your anger, control your outbursts and improve your relationships as a result.
- Notice what your triggers are. Knowing what subjects will strike a nerve can help you to prepare and deal with them in a more positive way. You may want to start a list of your triggers and dangerous habits, such as speeding.
- Take an anger management class. An anger management class can teach you positive coping techniques in a safe environment. You can talk to others and see that you are not alone. This support can help you deal with your anger and get respect from others around you.
- Talk to a therapist. A therapist can help you in determining what your triggers are and help you identify any destructive behaviors that you need to work on. Your therapist can help you deal with your anger in a private setting.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Adequate diet, sleep and exercise help you deal with your anger and cope better. Some health conditions can be caused by constant stress in your life, such as high blood pressure.
- Treat other co-existing mental illnesses. Anxiety and depression can be linked to anger, and can worsen it if left untreated. Sometimes anger is your body's way of showing you that something is not right in your life. Turn your anger into motivation. Instead of dwelling in your anger, use that anger as fuel to make positive changes in get things done. Being angry alone is not going to change anything. Deal with your anger and get respect.