Do you want to know how to decline bench press on a Bowflex? The decline bench press is a variation of a regular bench press. The difference with the decline bench press is the angle you are at on the bench. The angle for a decline bench press on a Bowflex is an approximate 45 degree angle.
What You Will Need
- A Bowflex
- A sweat towel
- Plenty of water
- Before you can do a decline bench press on a Bowflex, you will need to have Bowflex. You do not have to own the Bowflex. You can go to a friend’s house and use his/her Bowflex or you can use one at a gym.
- You need to set the tension on the Bowflex before you try the decline bench press. Start out with the lowest tension so you can get used to the decline bench press exercise.
- Sit on the bench of the Bowflex. You want to sit on a 45 degree angle to do the decline bench press correctly. Grip the straps of the Bowflex. You want to make sure your palms are facing forward to do the decline bench press on the Bowflex correctly.
- Push the handles forward by straightening your arms. Make sure you hesitate before you bring your arms back to their original position. The hesitation will give you the most of the decline bench press on your Bowflex.
- Make sure you breathe out while you straighten out your arms. Make sure you breathe in when you bring your arms back to their original position. You need to breathe correctly to get the most out of the decline bench press on your Bowflex.
- You have done the decline bench press on your Bowflex at the lowest tension. Now set the tension to a position that will allow you to get the most out of this exercise. Try setting the tension two positions higher. Repeat steps 3-5. If this tension satisfies you, do four sets of the decline bench press on your Bowflex. You should feel the exercise working your chest and your arms.
- You have learned how to do a decline bench press on a Bowflex. The exercise is easier on your body than when you use free weights and it does the same good for your body.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water to replenish the fluids in your body. Always check with your doctor before you start a new exercise regimen. You want to make sure you are healthy enough to do a decline bench press on a Bowflex.
- Drink plenty of water
- Check with your doctor before beginning a new exercise regimen.
- A Bowflex is easier on your body than free weights
- A 45 degree angle is used to do a decline bench press on a Bowflex
- You will need a Bowflex with a bench that can be set at the correct angle