How To Declutter And Organize Home
Everyone wants to declutter and organize their home so that everything is easily found and accessible. Over time people tend to accumulate junk that either needs to be organized or removed from the house completely. Follow these steps for a clutter-free and organized home.
- To declutter and organize your home you will need:
- shelves and storage bins
- drawer organizers
- bookends and magazine racks
- Shelves and storage bins. Clean out your closets! Get rid of clothes that haven't been worn for a year or more. Any boxes of stuff that have been just thrown in a closet that you didn't have another place for it, go though it all. Decide whether it's worth keeping or not. If it's worth keeping put it neatly into a bin or on a shelf. If you need extra storage in your closets add shelves, or put things in plastic bins.
- Drawer organizers. Go through each of your cupboards one by one and decide if there are things that can be thrown out or given away. Take everything out and put only the things you want and use neatly back.
- Plastic drawer units. Clean out under your drawers and vanity sinks. Again, throw out anything that you do not want or use anymore. Group items together such as medicine and put them into storage bins. One great way to organize small bathroom items is with a plastic drawer unit. This will create more drawer space in your bathroom. Drawer organizers are also a great way to organize small items like hair accessories, toothpaste and cosmetics.
- Bookends and magazine racks. Take items off bookcases and shelves that are not serving a purpose or being used as a decoration. Remove any books that you will not read again and donate them. Arrange your books nicely and don't overcrowd the bookshelves. Use bookends so that your books are falling over. Magazines just don't look nice. Use a nice looking magazine rack to hold them nicely and go through them every six months and throw away the old issues.
Remember, the key to decluttering and organizing a home is to throw away or donate anything that you have not used for a year or more.