How To Decorate A Bathroom
Are you clueless about how to decorate a bathroom? Each type of room in a house has it's own set of decorating guidelines, including the bathroom. They should be decorated according to their purpose and degree of use. You should decorate a bathroom in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
- The colors in the bathroom should be soothing. The bathroom, along with the bedroom, is a room in the house where people enjoy time by themselves. The colors used to decorate a bathroom should induce calmness and relaxation, such as cool blues, purples and soft white. Accent pieces with bold colors are acceptable as long as the main color scheme is light and soothing.
- Tiles should be placed around the sink and tub. Tiles are common inclusions to decorate a bathroom. Not only do they add another dimension to the theme, but they also protect the walls from water damage. Tiles come in a large variety of sizes and styles, so you should be able to find a tile that suites your taste. However, make sure the tile matches the overall scheme of the bathroom.
- Appliances should be placed away from water. Storing radios and other electric appliances in the bathroom is acceptable as long as they are placed safely away from the sink and tub. This is especially important if young children use the bathroom unsupervised; one clumsy mistake can have dangerous consequences. There are appliances that are specifically created to be used around water, such as clocks and radios. Use these types of products for an extra level of safety.
- The decorative items in the bathroom should be washable. Inevitably, the decorative items in the bathroom will get wet and dirty. Rugs and shower curtains should be appropriate for wet environments; expensive rugs and non-bathroom curtains should not be used to decorate a bathroom unless you plan on replacing them frequently. Only use decorative items that are specifically for bathroom use and easy to clean.
- Incorporate storage units into the decoration. Despite the size of the bathroom, you may still need extra storage space. Adding shelves, hangers, and racks when you decorate a bathroom will help you utilize the empty spaces around your tub and sink, and behind the door. These units will also keep your bathroom organized.