As the holidays approach, many people partake in learning how to decorate a Christmas wreath to add a unique element to their holiday decor. This activity can bring out your creative side while simultaneously helping to inexpensively bring in a new and aesthetically pleasing piece of traditional Christmas decor into your home. While some people may be intimidated by the concept of decorating a Christmas wreath, it is fairly simple and rewarding.
Things you will need to decorate a Christmas wreath:
- Pre-made wreath
- Fake flowers, leaves and pinecones
- Glue gun or glue stick
- Wrap your smaller accessories such as flowers together in displays using the wire. Many people prefer decorating their Christmas wreaths with different kinds of flower displays. To accomplish the desired bundling effect, take your various types of flowers and use the wire to tie them together at the stem, creating little bundles of flower displays. Ensure you leave about a two inch section of wiring protruding from the flowers so you can wrap them around the pines and stems of the wreath for attaching.
- Glue ornaments and other large accessories to wreath. After you have bundles your flower arrangements, you want to begin gluing your larger pieces such as ornament bulbs and the like to your wreath. These types of accessories are important in decorating your Christmas wreath and provide an eye popping element that coincides well with the smaller details. Use your glue gun to sporadically paste your ornaments onto the wreath, evenly spaced or randomly disbursed, it is up to you.
- Wrap flower arrangements around pine needles on wreath. Wrap your flower arrangements around the pine needles and or the stems of the wreath using the protruding piece of wire you left when you were bundling them together. You want to evenly attach these pieces directly next to and separate from the ornaments and larger accessories, secure any loose flowers with glue.
- Incorporate your ribbon. In decorating a Christmas wreath, many people prefer to use ribbon and bow of some kind. To create a bow, take your ribbon and cut it into two eighteen inch pieces, tie them together in a bow and secure the knot with wire. Once the ribbon is created, glue it to bottom of your Christmas wreath.
- Let wreath dry for three hours. After you have completely decorated your wreath, allow it to dry for a few hours. Once an adequate amount of time has passed, take a look and ensure all of the pieces are secure, use your glue gun for any last minute touch ups.