Necessities, amenities, comfort and visual appeal are quintessential in how to decorate a hotel room. Whether the lodging experience is to accommodate tourists, travelers, or workers, a guest room should be designed and equipped to meet the needs of either a limited or an extended stay. While appropriate furnishings and adequate facilities establish the presence of a hotel room, decorative embellishments present the room for a guest. Conceive a concept of decor, and provide hospitable quality through decorating the hotel room.
To decorate a hotel room, you will need:
- Bedroom furniture
- Clothing hangers (plastic or wood)
- Flooring—carpet, tile or linoleum
- Guest room supplies
- Lighting fixtures
- Limited living room, den, dinette, or study furniture
- Necessary tools
- Paint (or wall treatment textures)
- Painting or relevant supplies
- Paper products
- Plumbing fixtures
- Shower curtain (if applicable)
- Window treatments
- Evaluate the hotel room to be decorated. Examine the room’s furniture and accessories, as well as its bathroom’s fixtures. Based upon age, condition and style, determine if all or only some features need to be replaced.
- Acquire the approach for decorating a hotel room. Think of furnishings as one component, with fabrics and surfaces being another component. Each piece of furniture to be applied within the room will remain in a style that matches. Material and areas that will affect the room’s color variation—ceiling, walls, doors, trim, carpet, linoleum or tile, countertop, drapery, and bedspreads—must blend, contrast, coordinate, or match.
- Conceive an option from hotel decor as a theme. Such decor can be defined as a commercial design influence. Applying the same pattern or hue to the drapes and bedspread, using a shade from the fabric for carpeting, and applying a lighter same tone to the walls serves as one of many examples towards creating a look that is congruent to the hospitality industry.
- Devise a decorative scheme to suit the hotel room. Choice of colors and furniture style will serve as primary anchors for the room’s decor. Secure paint chips, carpet and fabric samples from relevant stores to aid in plans for decorating the hotel room. Take and note measurements for any necessary fits, placements, sizes, or strategic areas.
- Envision the needs and features for bathroom facilitation. Space and structural boundaries dictate the style of facilities that can be incorporated into a bathroom and its adjacent area. Beyond the essentials, which include commode, basin, mirror, and tub, shower, or tub and shower combination, enhance with amenities to the degree possible. Ample vanity or counter space is among the amenities that guests will greatly appreciate.
- Decide upon inclusion and placement of utilities for the hotel room. Albeit air conditioning, heating, telephone, and Wi-Fi, which are not components of decorating, give wise consideration towards lighting and television. While appropriate type, style, and placement are the key elements in choosing lamps, adequate screen size and options dictate the choice of a television.
- Consider a tasteful application of art-like embellishment to one or two of the hotel room’s walls. Simple, tasteful, reflective of the hotel’s geographic area or abstract, and size appropriate, are guidelines to follow upon selecting facsimiles of art for a guest room. Supplement wall enhancement by adding a room mirror for guest convenience.
- Draft plans towards decorating the hotel room. Draw out a floor plan of the hotel room, to include all intended furnishings, fixtures, lighting, electronics, accessories, and amenities. Label the complete details of each component and feature. Such a draft provides a visual reference to support the established decorating plan.
- Prepare and develop shopping lists. Write down all items that will encompass decorating the hotel room. From the general listing, develop lists by categories—room furniture,bath area fixtures, flooring, fabric, wall treatment, lighting, electronics, enhancements, and amenities. Such listings will aid significantly throughout shopping sessions.
- Shop for listed decor. Sources to shop for decorating a hotel room include relevant retail, department, and home improvement stores, hotel supply companies, and online suppliers.
- Decorate the hotel room. Fulfill the drafted plan.
Text: Hotel Furniture: Designing For Profit
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.