When you are faced with a huge window in your living room, you may be looking for ideas on how to decorate a living room with a big window. Big windows can both help or hinder the decorating process. They can be difficult to work around, but they do allow the most amazing natural light to flood the room. A large living room window can also allow you to view and enjoy the outdoors without leaving the house.
To decorate a big living room window, you will need:
- Window treatment
- Plants or flowers
- Window cleaner
- Paper towels or newspaper
- Blinds, curtains or drapes
- Clean the window. The first step in decorating a living room with a big window is to make sure it is clean. A dirty window will make a room look dull and dingy no matter what size it is. Start with the cleaner of your choice and paper towels or newspaper to get a streak-free shine on your big living room window.
- Window coverings. The purpose of your living room will help determine the coverings needed for your window. If you watch TV in your living room and your window allows a lot of light in, you will want to combine drapes and sheers or blinds and curtains. That way you can let in the light when wanted and block it out when necessary.
- Furniture placement. The furniture placement in a living room with a large window is also important. If you want to highlight the window, you will want to angle the furniture slightly so that it faces the window. If you really don't like the window, you could place a couch or love seat in front of it as if it were a solid wall. If you grow plants, you could put a long skinny table, such as a sofa table, in front of it and show off your flowers.
- Balance. It is also a good idea to balance a large window with a large piece of furniture on the opposite wall. If you don't have a large piece of furniture, a good sized piece of artwork can help balance the room.