How To Decorate Living Room
If you are moving or just want a change of pace you may want to know how to decorate a living room. Decorating a living room is a process to combine personal taste, style and comfort. When decorating a living room you will need to know what activities are going to take place in the space to determine what accommodations need to be made.
To decorate a living room, you will need:
- An idea
- Color scheme
- Artwork, photos, pictures
- The idea. Most likely you already have some sort of idea for decorating your living room. From a swatch of fabric to a magazine picture there is something that inspired you to decorate your living room. Look at your piece of inspiration and draw ideas from that. Pull out colors, design plans, or whatever else that may pop into your head.
- The paint. Choosing the paint color can be one of the easiest or toughest things when decorating a living room. Take your piece of inspiration with your when choosing paint color. You can choose a complimentary color, matching color, or contrasting color. Depending on the inspiration for your living room you may want to choose two colors, one main paint color and a highlighting or accent color.
- The lighting. Lighting is an important aspect when decorating a living room. Lighting will add a decorative aspect as well as lighting areas for completing tasks. You will want to find lighting the fits into your decor and that is functional for its required purpose. People often forget when decorating that lighting serves as a function as well as a decorative piece.
- The furniture. The furniture you choose when decorating your living room should be comfortable as well as stylish. You will also need to consider the size of the furniture. If you are decorating a small living room you will want to choose smaller pieces. If you are decorating a large living room you will want to choose larger pieces.
- The finishing touches. The finishing touches when decorating a living room are those pieces that pop out at you. For example, when your walking through a store and you see a vase that speaks to you, that is a finishing touch,