Need to know how to decorate a rustic bedroom? Decorating a rustic bedroom will create a look that is becoming more and more popular these days. Rustic is a term that screams "natural" and "bare." Follow these tips to get the rustic look that you want.
- Choose furniture. The furniture that you include in your rustic bedroom should be of a natural wood, preferably made out of pine or oak. Avoid staining the furniture and keep it in its natural color. Hand polishing or coating with a clear varnish will keep the furniture looking nice but protected. You can also use furniture that has a distressed look. Often time-stained furniture comes with a distressed, worn look, or you can create this look yourself by sanding down the edges or creating worm holes.
- Choose accessories. When you are deciding on accessories for decorating your rustic bedroom, think of things that come from nature. Birds, flowers, animals or nature scenes can all be themes that you use in your rustic bedroom. Choose area rugs, art or small accessories that reflect these themes. Baskets of pine cones or dried leaves can be used as decoration as well.
- Choose chairs. Wicker, rattan or ladder-back chairs are a nice addition to a rustic bedroom. This will provide extra seating as well as give your room the rustic look that you want. Make sure to choose a chair that is a natural color and not stained or painted.
- Choose fixtures. Choose lighting fixtures that are wood or even an oil-rubbed bronze. Many lamp bases come in a wood design, but make sure it is a natural wood color. An oil-rubbed bronze ceiling fixture can also give that distressed look by allowing the bronze to show through the oil.
- Choose colors. Earth tones work really well in a rustic bedroom. Think of colors that you would find in nature and incorporate that color palette into your bedroom.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …