Need to know how to decorate a small bedroom? The key to decorating a small bedroom is to not cram too many items into the room. When decorating, expand the feel of the bedroom space and downplay less desirable features. With these helpful tips you can crate big drama in a small space.
- Use mirrors. When decorating a small bedroom, place mirrors on the opposite side of the room from the windows. This will reflect light coming into the room and create the illusion of a larger space.
- Use furniture sparingly. Only keep furniture in the bedroom that you absolutely need. Make sure the furniture pieces that you do have are not too big so they do not overpower the room size.
- Try a Murphy bed for your bedroom. Murphy beds are a great way to hide a very large piece of furniture. When decorating you will find that beds take up a lot of room, but a Murphy bed can be stored when not in use.
- Install a closet organizer in your bedroom. With small bedrooms there usually is not enough space for storage. Consider installing a closet organization system. This will keep your clothes and other items neatly arranged and will provide more shelves that are out of the way for storage.
- Keep your bedroom light and bright. Avoid using dark paint colors in a small bedroom. Dark colors will make the room appear smaller. Keep the room as light and bright as possible.
- Install window treatments in your bedroom. If you choose to use curtains, place the curtain rod up to the top of the ceiling, with the curtain long enough to fall to the floor. This will draw the eye upward, making your bedroom ceiling feel taller and your room appear larger.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”