How To Decrease Sex Drive
Want to learn how to decrease your sex drive? Is an overactive sex drive interfering with your life? Read on to find out how what your options are as far as decreasing your sex drive.
Things you'll need:
- Busy lifestyle
- Doctor's appointment (optional)
- Reduce sexual stimulus. Men are incredibly visual creatures when it comes to sex, so reducing the amount of sexually explicit images you see, such as on the internet, in movies and in magazines, can help in decreasing your libido. The same goes for sexual stimulation and interaction.
- Age gracefully. As men get older, their hormones change. As testosterone is a major driver in terms of male sex drive, the older you get, the less interested you'll be in having sex. Nature will give you a hand in decreasing sex drive.
- Fill up your schedule. The more busy you are with life, the less interested you should become in terms of sex. Stress and anxiety from leading a full life can often lead to a lower sex drive.
- Check with your doctor. There are drugs available that can be prescribed to treat hypersexuality in men if that's an issue for you.
If you're interested in decreasing your sex drive, there are things you can do. Basically, your sex drive is driven by hormones, so there are limits to the effectiveness of any steps you take to lower sex drive. Remove yourself from sexual stimulus, keep busy with an active life and feel good in knowing your high sex drive will taper off as you age. If a high sex drive is interfering with your life, consult your doctor.