How To Delete Contacts In Gmail
If your contacts list is overpopulated, you’ll need to know how to delete contacts in Gmail. Your address book is organized to ensure you can write and send e-mails quickly and efficiently. Deleting contacts with whom you rarely communicate will also remove them from your Google chat list, which will keep those you do talk to at the top. Deleting contacts will remove them from Google applications as well.
To delete contacts in Gmail, you’ll need;
- A Gmail account
- Internet access
- Gmail contacts
- Visit www.gmail.com. Log in with your email address and password.
- Click Contacts in the left navigation menu. This will open your Contacts list.
- Find the name of the contact with whom you no long wish to email. You can either type the person’s name into the “Search contacts” field at the top of the list, or click All Contacts and scroll through the list manually to locate the contact.
- Click the name of the contact you wish to delete. A new section of information will generate, allowing you to edit this contact or add the contact to a group.
- Click the Delete contact button on the right. You will be prompted with a message asking if you are sure you want to delete this contact. If you are sure you wish to delete the contact, click OK. Once you delete this contact, be aware that the contact will be removed from Google applications like Gchat, Google Latitude, Picasa and Mobile Sync applications for both the iPhone and Android.