How to Delete Cookies
Learning how to delete cookies is a good idea. Basically cookies are very small pieces of information sent to your computer from websites you visit. They are stored to be used at a later time when you go back to that same website. Cookies help a website by storing your preferences such as shopping cart contents. They can also be dangerous as some cookies are designed to store your username and password and other personal information. It is a good idea to delete cookies every once in a while because they can cause problems. Below are instructions on how too delete cookies in the most common web browsers for Windows and Macintosh:
Internet Explorer 8:
- Launch the Internet Explorer 8 browser. You can open Internet Explorer 8 from an icon on your desktop or from the start menu.
- Find the Command bar at the top of the window. Click Safety.
- Click on Delete Browsing History. Click the option for cookies and click Delete. You have now learned how to delete cookies in Internet Explorer 8.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox. You can open this browser from an icon on your desktop or through the Start menu.
- At the top of the screen click on Tools. When you click on Tools you will get a drop down menu. Click on Options.
- You will see an options dialog box. Click on Privacy.
- Look for the Cookies panel. From this panel select Show Cookies.
- You can remove a single cookie by clicking on the cookie in the list and click the Remove Cookie Button. You can also remove all cookies by clicking on the Remove All Cookies button. You have now learned how to delete cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Safari Browser. Choose Preferences from Safari menu.
- Click the Security icon. Click on the Show Cookies button.
- Select the Cookies you want to delete from the list. You need to hold down the command key as you select the cookies.
- Once you have selected all of the cookies you want to remove click the Remove button. You can select Remove all to delete all of your cookies. You have now learned how to delete cookies in Safari.
- Launch the Firefox Browser. At the top of the screen click on Preferences.
- Once you click on Preferences a dialog box will open. Click the Privacy icon.
- Click Show Cookies in the preferences sections. You will see all of the cookies stored in Firefox.
- You can select individual cookies under each and click the Remove Cookies button. You can click Remove All Cookies to remove all of the cookies in Firefox. You have now learned how to delete cookies in Google Chrome for Mac
Now that you have learned how to delete cookies you will keep your information safe and your computer running smoothly.