How to Delete Friends on Facebook
In order to learn how to delete friends on Facebook you must first be logged on to your Facebook account.
- At the top of the Facebook Home page is a profile tab. Click on this tab and it will take you to your profile page.
- From your profile page you can access your friends from the friends tab next to the profile tab at the top of the page, or you can scroll down until you see your friends on the left hand side of your profile and click on "all friends".
- A list of all of your friends will come up on the next page. Scroll down until you find the friend that you would like to delete from your friend list.
- The friends profile should be on the left hand side of the page and on the far right there will be an "X".
- Click the "X" next to the friend you wish to delete. This will not remove them yet.
- A message will appear from the Facebook web page that will ask you "Are you sure you want to remove your connection with...?" When this message appears you can either click the "Confirm" button to confirm that you want to delete that friend from your friend list.
- You can click the "Cancel" button if you decide that you do not want to delete that friend from Facebook.
When you delete friends on Facebook and it is confirmed, that person will not be on your friend list anymore unless you go to their profile page to add them as a friend again. Per the rules and regulations of the Facebook help page the deleted friends will not be notified that you removed them, however, "all friend links are reciprocal, so you will be removed as a friend from their Friend list as well."