How To Delete Internet Explorer History
Learn how to delete your history on Internet Explorer, to increase your computer security. While surfing the Internet, most of the files from the websites you visit are saved onto the computer hard drive. The Internet browser on your computer stores the files on your hard drive, to increase file access speeds. This enables users to swiftly re-visit the same website next time. Deleting Internet history on your computer is recommended because it allows you to free up hard drive space, keep your surfing history private, and speed up your browser.
Here are the steps to delete the Internet history on IE 6, IE 7 and higher:
- Open your web browser window.
- Go to “Tools” menu on the menu bar by pressing the Alt + T key combination.
- Click on the “Internet Options” bar/
- Click on either the “Delete Files” box or the “Delete” box to delete / clear the history. This will bring you to another window with options such as Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Form Data, etc which you may choose to select for deletion. It is recommended that you choose to delete Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History, to ensure better browser performance.
- If you do not wish to delete the history after every single browsing session, you can also automate this process. Enable automatic deletion by going to “Internet Options” and then the “Advanced” Tab. Under the “Security Section,” check on the “Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" box. This will ensure that each time your browser session is complete your browser will automatically delete the history.