How To Delete Internet History
Want to know how to delete internet history? Browsing the Internet is fun and exciting. But how do you protect your privacy? Internet browsers store information about websites you visit in a file called “History.” In addition, browsers typically store your login information at specified sites, auto fill information for forms and passwords to sites you visit often. Depending on the configuration of your browser, anyone can view the sites you have visited. Protecting your financial information, weird habits or just keeping some information private can be inhibited by the “history” file. Fortunately, the creators of Internet browsers have provided a way to delete specific information from your Internet browser.
- Open Internet Explorer. Click the tools icon “>>“ located in the upper-right corner of the browser. Point to “Safety” and then click “Delete Browsing History.” This will open the “Delete Browsing History” dialogue box.
- Select the items you would like to delete by clicking the corresponding check box. Several options are available including passwords and form data.
- Click the “Delete” button to delete the items you specified. Internet Explorer will delete your information.
- Open Google Chrome. Click the tools icon located in the upper-right corner of the browser. The icon looks like a wrench.
- Click “Options.” This will open the “Options” dialogue box. Click the “Personal Stuff” tab and click the “Clear Browsing Data” button.
- Select the items you would like to “obliterate” and click the “Clear Browsing Data” button to complete the process. It may take a while to finish. Your browsing history should be deleted.
- Open your Safari browser. Navigate to the "History" menu along the top navigation bar.
- Locate the "Clear History" button at the bottom of the menu.
- Click the "Clear History" button to clear your browsing history.
- Open your Firefox browser. Click "Tools" on the top navigation menu.
- Click "Clear Recent History..." This will open the "Clear Recent History" dialogue box.
- Choose the time range you would like to clear from the "Time range to clear" drop-down menu. You can choose last hour, last two hours, last four hours, today or everything. Click the "Clear now" button once you have made a selection.
Louisiana State University: Google Chrome: Removing Personal Information
Wellesley College: Getting Started with Safari
Wellesley College: Getting Started with Firefox
PennState University: Clear Internet Explorer 8 Browsing History and Cache