How To Delete A Myspace Account
With the rise of the social utility Facebook, it may be time to learn how to delete a Myspace account. Myspace, founded in 2003, is headquartered in Beverly Hills, California. The multinational website attracts around 66 million users from every corner of the globe, although still being dwarfed by Facebook's 500 million members. Still, Myspace has and always will be a revolutionary company; but many will always remove their Myspace account for various reasons. Let's take a look into just how you should get rid of your Myspace account, when the day does come.
Check out below what you will need to delete a Myspace account with ease:
- A Myspace account
- A computer with Internet access
- Log into Myspace. Just in case you have forgotten, your username is your email address and your password has been emailed to you upon registration. Don't expect the company to oblige your request to delete a Myspace account without proof that you are the owner (i.e. an email address and password).
- Click on "Account Settings". This is where you can manage things related to your Myspace account. There should be numerous options that you can do for your profile and account listed.
- Select "Cancel My Account". To cancel your Myspace account, click this button. This isn't the last step, so it is still reversible at this point regardless of whether or not your click on "Cancel My Account".
- Select "Delete My Account". This is the official request to remove your Myspace account, and is irreversible beyond this point. Consider this the official request to remove your information, profile, and personality from the Myspace website. You also have the option of filling out a short survey telling Myspace why you are deleting your account prior to actually clicking the button.
It isn't very difficult to delete a Myspace account, but should be taken with a grain of salt. Recovery of profile information will be impossible when you have officially filled out a request to remove your Myspace account, so think about it beforehand. Hopefully you are better off without having a Myspace account, but remember that you may change your mind in the future as well.