You can use the menu interface of the console to delete a profile on your Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 uses the profile system to keep track of user data. Saved games, achievements, avatars and other data are all stored in a user's profile and saved on the console's hard drive or a removable memory card. You can delete these profiles from within the memory options of the system's settings.
- Turn on your Xbox console and navigate to the main menu. If a game starts automatically, press the Xbox button on your controller and select "Xbox Dashboard" or press Y to return to the Xbox menu.
- In the "My Xbox" tab, select "System Settings." This is the last option on the right. Press "A" to confirm your choice.
- Scroll down to "Memory" and press "A". Select the storage device containing the profile you wish to delete and press "A" again. The storage location of a profile is listed next to the profile's name when choosing a profile to sign in.
- Select "Gamer Profiles" and press A. Choose the desired profile and press "A" again.
- Select "Delete" from the list. Choose either "Delete Profile Only" or "Delete Profile and Items" from the pop-up window. Deleting only the profile allows you to keep the profile's saved game data and achievements. You cannot restore this data once deleted, so back it up to external storage before deletion if you wish to access the profile again.
Though profiles don't use a large amount of space, deleting them helps you free up storage memory for other things, and you can tie the data of a deleted profile to one you use more regularly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.