How To Delete Songs From iPod Touch
If new music unable to fit on your iPod touch or you have songs on that iPod that you don't want anymore, you need to know how to delete songs from iPod touch. All that is needed is a computer,
- Select which songs to delete from the iPod touch. Look on the iPod’s music app. Decide which songs need to be taken off of the iPod touch. These should be songs that are either played the least or overplayed.
- Open itunes on the computer. Turn the computer’s power to “On” using the power button on the front. Once the computer is completely powered on and logged on, open itunes and click on the “Library” tab on the left hand side. Notice the songs on the iPod are in this list.
- Remove the songs from itunes. To remove the songs from the iPod touch, first decide which songs to retain possession of. If a song to be deleted from the iPod touch needs to be kept on the computer, simply uncheck it by clicking on the check to the left hand side of the song title. If a song to be deleted from the iPod touch does not need to be kept, delete the song all together by clicking on it and pressing the delete/backspace key on the keyboard. Another way to delete the song is to right click on the title and click on the “Delete” option in the drop menu.
- Remove the songs from the iPod touch. Connect the iPod touch to the computer using the USB that came with the iPod or equivalent. If the device is full, it may attempt to sync automatically and bring up a window saying that the device does not have any free space. Click out of the notification window and click on the iPod touch’s tab on the right side. From this window, adjust the settings on the music tab on the top of the page so that the songs that you don’t want will be taken off (uncheck artists/albums that are unwanted)
- Re-sync the device. Click on the “Sync Now” button in the bottom right corner of the iPod touch tab. Once this is done, the songs should be deleted off of the iPod touch. Sometimes steps three through five need to be repeated in order to delete all the desired songs from the iPod touch.
- Enjoy the added space. The device now has more free space because songs have now been deleted from the iPod touch.
Posted on: Mar. 29, 2010