How To Delete A Yahoo Account
Knowing how to delete a Yahoo! account can be important information to have. Yahoo! is sometimes susceptible to a lot of junk mail, or maybe you are just receiving too much mail and you simply want to delete the account and start over. Before you delete your Yahoo! account, think it over very carefully because you will never be able to get it back.
To delete your Yahoo account, you will need:
- Internet access
- Yahoo account
- Open your web browser and go to the Yahoo! Account Termination page. The Account Termination page will assist you in permanently deleting you Yahoo! account. The page is best viewed in Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Log in to your Yahoo! account with your current username and password. When the page opens, you are automatically prompted to enter your account information. After entering your Yahoo! account information, you are brought to the Account Termination page.
- Read the information provided before deleting your Yahoo! account. Yahoo! created a note to let you know what exactly will be removed and how long it will take to be removed from the internet after you choose to delete your account. Follow the links at the bottom of the note for more information on what Yahoo! archives.
- Enter your password once again. This is just to confirm your identity. Otherwise, you will not be able to delete your Yahoo! account.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code. A CAPTCHA code is a computer generated image that you must copy in a text box. This test is to ensure you are human.
- Click the “Yes-Terminate this Account” button. Think twice before clicking this button. This is the button that will delete your Yahoo! account forever.
If you ever have second thoughts, you can contact Yahoo! and attempt to retrieve your account within 90 days of deleting it.