How to Delete Yahoo Account
So you’ve had your Yahoo! account since you were a sophomore in high school, but you’re ready to learn how to delete this Yahoo! account. You’ve matured out of HockeyStud26 or LeoDiCaps1Love, and it’s time for a grown up e-mail account, perhaps a more professional one. Before deleting all evidence that the teeny bopper, high school student ever existed, first you should save your address book and forward any sentimental or important e-mails to your new e-mail address. When you’ve backed up all of your vital information, you’re ready to terminate.
To delete your Yahoo! account, you’ll need:
- A Yahoo! account
- An internet connection
- Start by contacting Yahoo! Billing. Cancel any premium service payments you have set up to ensure you will not have to pay for any services past the date of your Yahoo! account cancellation.
- Visit Yahoo!’s Account Termination page
- Read through the termination information on this page. Yahoo! will encourage you to reconsider deleting your account. Don’t worry, though. Yahoo! won’t hold anything against you for deleting your e-mail account. They’ll welcome you to use the search engine services and news highlights any day. Keep in mind, though, you cannot reactivate your account once you have terminated it.
- Ensure that everything you want or need from this Yahoo! account has been saved. Take a deep breath and prepare to free yourself of this Yahoo! identity.
- Confirm the account by filling in your password and the CAPTCHA code. Sites use this service to ensure that you are a human being and not an automated computer.
- Click “Terminate this Account.” You will be logged out and redirected to the Yahoo! home page.
Don't rush this process. Take your time to go through your old e-mails and either forward the information to your new e-mail account, or save information to your computer's hard drive.