How To Delete Your Facebook Account
Do you want to know how to delete your Facebook account? It can actually be a little tricky because Facebook doesn’t want you to leave. They only offer the option to deactivate your account under the normal account settings. Luckily, there is a way to permanently delete your Facebook account, and here’s how you do it:
To delete your Facebook account, you will need:
- A Facebook account you no longer want
- Log on to your Facebook account. Enter your email and password in the designated fields, and click “Login.” This is the last time you’ll ever have to do this. Feels good doesn’t it?
- Go to https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account. Just copy and paste that address into your address bar, and you will arrive at Facebook’s official page for deleting an account.
- Click “Submit” and follow the on-screen instructions. A box will pop up with a password box and a captcha security check. Just enter your password, type in the captcha phrase, and click “Okay.”
- Don’t sign in for two weeks. This means don’t sign into your Facebook account, or any account associated with Facebook. Sites like YouTube and Digg allow users to sign in with their Facebook information. Make sure you don’t accidentally sign into one of these places with your Facebook account. You may even want to clear your browser’s data just to make sure it doesn’t happen automatically.
- Check to make sure it’s gone. After two weeks, they claim it will be deleted forever. You may want look yourself up in a search engine to make sure that it’s deleted. After all, you don’t want the information floating around forever without your control. If it wasn’t deleted, you’ll probably have to start sending nasty emails, or you could just try the two weeks process again.
Now you know how to delete your Facebook account, so you never have to read another dumb status update again.