To avoid offending the people around you, it's important to learn how to deodorize shoes. You know if your feet stink, and if you don't surely someone will let you know soon enough. There are a few simple ways to deodorize shoes with things you probably have at home.
To deodorize shoes, you will need:
- A fabric refresher or deodorizer
- Dryer sheets
- Baking soda
- Deodorizing shoe inserts (if necessary)
- Spray the shoes thoroughly with the fabric refresher. Spray deodorizers are great to use to deodorize shoes. Pull out the soles or padding (if any) and spray underneath. Then spray the padding. Let the shoes sit out to dry for at least two hours.
- Insert dryer sheets. You know those things you throw in the dryer with your clothes? They make great deodorizers. Shove one or two into each shoe and let it sit overnight to deodorize shoes.
- Sprinkle your shoes with baking soda to deodorize shoes. Baking soda is an amazing deodorizing agent. Just sprinkle the powder into each of your shoes and let them sit for at least six hours. The powder absorbs the odor. After the six hours, shake the excess baking soda out of the shoe.
- Buy deodorizing shoe inserts. If you want to deodorize shoes as you're wearing them, purchase a pair of shoe deodorizing inserts. You can find them at your local pharmacy or convenience store.
- Take these steps every week to deodorize shoes. The key to keeping your shoes smelling fresh is consistency. Take time out every week to take one or more of these deodorizing steps. And, um, you should probably also work on fixing the problem with your feet as well—it could be a fungus, dude.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...