How To Design A Motocross Practice Track
If you’re looking to improve your game in motocross at home, you might want to know how to design a motocross practice track to help improve your skills. Of course, you won’t be designing an amazing track with loads of obstacles and jumps, but you’ll be designing something to help you sharpen your skills. There are a few important factors that go in when you design a motocross practice track, and they are all listed below.
- Before you really begin to design a motocross practice track, look at the land that you’ve got. This is the land that you’ll be laying your track out on, so be sure to thoroughly inspect it before getting to work on the design. Check for any obstacles (such as trees or rocks) that could pose a potential problem for your motocross practice track.
- Base your design on paper off of that land. Before designing, it’s a good idea to take down some measurements of the land you’ll be building on. You can then transfer those numbers to paper proportionally. This way you’ve got an easy way of laying out your motocross practice track!
- Make sure that the track is long enough to gain speed in long stretches. Of course, you might have some good corners and curves worked into your design, but it’s also imperative that you incorporate long stretches so that you have time to gain speed on your motocross practice track.
- Don’t go crazy with the jumps. You do want some good jumps in your motocross practice track, but not so many that only a pro could master them. You want this track to help you out when practicing, so place a few jumps here and there. Try to place them strategically in the beginnings of long stretches so that riders do not gain too much speed before hitting them.
- Incorporate obstacles. If you’re looking to improve your game by maneuvering around obstacles, try to incorporate some. Maybe you could place some down one long stretch so that you can focus on them only when you’re in that area. There are many ways to build your motocross practice track, but the best way is to design it according to what you need to work on!