How To Design T Shirts
Knowing how to design T-shirts can be a fun way to express your creativity. There are no limits--except your imagination--when it comes to designing a T-shirt. You can have your custom designs printed onto many shirts, so you can display your talents as often as you like.
Things you may need:
- Computer paint program
- Drawing pad and art tools
- Use a computer to design T-shirts. If you are handy with paint programs, spend some time creating a design with your computer. Once you come up with an image or logo you like, you can print it and take it to a local printing store to have them put your design on a shirt for you.
- You can also save the file and email it to an online store to create. Some online stores have a feature that allows you to design T-shirts right on their website. Use a search engine to help you find one of these stores and see if you can create your design using their software. Make sure you compare the costs of the online store to the local store to see which source is the cheapest.
- If you do not like using computers, design a T-shirt by creating a drawing. Use a drawing pad and colored pencils or other art tools to create your custom image. Once you are satisfied with the design, have it made into a shirt by a printing store.
- You can also create your design right on a T-shirt. This is a little more difficult since the shirt itself is often hard to stabilize when you are drawing on it. Use permanent markers and see how your design comes out. Make sure you launder the T-shirt in cold water and do not add any other clothing to the load.