Designing vintage inspired clothes can be a daunting task. It can be difficult to recreate styles, textures and overall looks. Vintage inspired clothes should have the look and feel of an era, with the practicality and affordability of today. Follow these simple steps when creating vintage inspired clothing.
- Research vintage clothing. Read books and magazine articles to learn about different eras of fashion. Learn about trends and styles. Understanding a period of time will also help in understanding why clothes are designed a specific way.
- Determine an era of inspiration. The styles of the 1940's and 50's are completely different from the 1970's and 80's. Tweed jackets and pearls may not complement acid washed jeans or bell bottom pants. A vintage collection should have some consistency.
- Use vintage fabrics and textures. Silk, polyester, and tweed are all fantastic vintage options. Fabric and texture are two important aspects of clothing. Vintage inspired clothing should look and feel comfortable.
- Create distressing techniques. Distressed jeans and t-shirts are fantastic vintage looks. Create a method of distressing vintage clothing. This method can be a signature for the collection. Razors , stones, dye, paint and washing are great options for aging clothing.
- Maintain classic fits. Vintage fits are a key component to vintage inspired clothing. Clothes should be sleek and fitted. Create well-crafted clothing.
- Avoid black. Put a spin on vintage clothing by using modern yellows, greens, pinks, reds, purples and blues. Bold pea coats, skinny jeans and blouses are pleasing to the eye. Bright colors pop.
Following these tips will help create a fantastic, vintage line of clothing. Classic fits, styles and prints will come in and out of style. Make good use of various trends when designing vintage inspired clothes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.