Inspiration and originality are the key initiatives in how to design your own watch. While components of style, type, and functionality serve as the factors for design, two approaches in designing a watch exist. One approach towards watch design is through the hands of a jeweler. The other approach is to design your own watch by a unique choice in parts, functions, and type. Your lifestyle, preferences, and taste, along with creativity, can inspire original ideas for a suitable watch design. Discover how to assemble your design for a watch that will suit you.
To design your own watch, you will need:
- Word program or Notepad
- Graphics program or sketchpad
- Pens or pencils (optional)
- Hard copy telephone directory
- Access to retail stores or specialty shops that carry watches and watch accessories
- Essential drawing supplies and paper
- Define the basic visible pieces of a watch. Upon designing a watch, it is necessary to know the two outward parts that comprise this type of timepiece. The wearable parts of a watch piece and wristband comprise those areas to explore in wristwatch design. While a watch’s case houses the time keeping mechanism, its band serves to fasten and display such timepiece. For purposes in designing a wristwatch, affect design through the watch piece and wristband.
- Determine a preferable energy source for the watch. Power is the source that operates a watch. Amid available mechanical operations, each power source will present a variety of style and types in watch pieces. Energy sources for a watch will not only influence selection among designs, though shall prevail upon availability in features and functions. Such energy sources for wristwatches include the power generators of manual or self-winding, quartz, battery electronic, and solar. Desirable options in a watch, along with an applicable power source, will affect the overall watch piece’s design choices in style and type.
- Decide an approach in design that will accommodate the use of a watch. Consider how the wearer will wear a watch. Such wear will correspond to where the majority wearing of a watch shall take place. If the watch is for dress, evening, exclusive event, or formal wear, then its style and type should present a design in time keeping jewelry that demonstrates embellishment or understated elegance. Should the watch’s major use be within workplace environments, its design must reflect a style that is both conservative and identifiably original, while offering simplistic durability in type. For casual, clubbing, conversational, social, and even everyday wear, watch designs that exhibit the more trendy types, along with abstract, current or unique styling, can make an impressionable statement of personal fashion.
- Discover what primary and internal parts of a watch can benefit from design. Style and type hugely affects the design of a watch. The choice amidst metal casing, possible gemstone settings, or material color and texture choice of a watch’s time keeping piece, as well as its wristband’s make up, type and style, shows personal preference. In a fairly wide assortment of colors, patterns, or technically-relevant surfaces, are the faces for watches. Where shapes and sizes of watch pieces are a consideration, a number of variations for the time keeping parts presentation are available. Although limitations are notable within the analog style, there is a moderate variety in numerical font faces and sizes for such wristwatches. As for a watch face amid digital styling, the size of the numerical readout gages to correspond with its time piece’s measurements.
- Design a watch through knowing how to shop and assemble. Once the concept and inspiration towards a watch design is known, it is time for shopping and assembly. Such a concept in designing, and, in this instance, for a watch piece and suitably attachable wristband, is about select designs. Using notes, along with optional graphic or rough drawings, shop numerous sources that comprise websites, relevant shops, and various department type stores. Subsequent to the selection and purchase, assembly creates your own watch design by way of fitting choices together in a time keeping piece and wristband.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.