If you are going to take pride in that new boat you've just purchased, you're going to have to learn how to detail a boat. Detailing a boat, much like detailing a car, is an investment in time but will keep your boat healthier and happier. There are some things more important than others when you detail a boat. Come along and learn about a few of them.
- The easiest way to detail a boat is "on the hard." This means that the boat is pulled from the water giving you the benefit of being able to lay items right on the ground to clean.
- Take everything out of the boat. It's way easier to take all the cushions, personal items, coolers, etc, out of a boat in order to scrub the floor (or shampoo the carpet) and clean the inside walls. Use a soft rag and a slightly abrasive cleaner, such as Soft Scrub, to get into the nooks and crannies.
- Get out the toothbrush. Sea water is particularly corrosive so make sure that you clean the area around the engine of any gook or algae. Clean in each crack until the area is gleaming. It's time consuming so plug yourself into a good mp3 player and go for it.
- Clean the bottom of the boat very very carefully. Boats have paint on the bottom which is designed to be rubbed off (so that sea creatures don't adhere easily) so be very careful when cleaning the bottom. Use a pressure washer set on the lightest spray – in this case, more spray is definitely not better.
- If you're not able to devote a full day or two to detailing the boat, set up a schedule and do a part at a time. Although you'll probably have to adapt to cleaning while the boat is in the water, any cleaning is better than none so tackle the job one small piece at a time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …