Sometimes it is imperative that you learn how to develop a thick skin. Women say and do things that might cause you to doubt yourself or your abilities. If you know how to develop a thick skin you will be able to get over things quickly and move on without feeling bad about yourself.
- Know yourself. If you know who you are there is no reason to listen to the things that others say about you. Hold on to all of the good characteristics that you have. To develop a thick skin means to hang on to what you believe about yourself without letting others opinions get in.
- Don't take on their view of you. When you develop a thick skin you refuse to let other people effect you. Realize that some women have issues of their own and tend to take it out on other people. If this is the case, it is obviously their issue and not yours.
- You are the only person that can make you feel bad. You are in control of you. The way that you react to what others do and say is what makes you feel bad. Develop a thick skin by knowing that you are in charge of the way you feel about yourself.
- Develop some self-talk. Think about some of your best qualities and traits. Come up with something that you can say to yourself to combat what other people are doing or saying. For example, if a woman hurls and insult at you, use your positive self-talk to remind yourself of the great things that you have to offer someone. This is a great tactic to use when it comes to developing a thick skin.
- Avoid these women and situations if you find that things don't stop. Even if you figure out how to develop a thick skin you don't want to continually have to use it. If there are certain women or situations with women that you know are going to be tough to handle, just avoid them and move on.
If you know how to develop a thick skin, chances are that you are going to be more successful in your personal life.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.