How To Diet For Blood Type
Learn how to diet for blood type in these 9 easy steps. There are four different types of blood: 0, A, B and AB. According to the originator of the diet, Dr. Peter D’Adamo, the protein-like compounds in food called lectins react with different types of blood. By following the diet for blood type, you can lose weight and be healthy.
- Identify Blood Type. Before starting on this diet, have your blood checked. Having negative or positive blood does not affect the diet. So a person with B- or B+ will use the same B diet.
- Claims of the Diet. Is the diet truth or myth? The diet claims by following this diet that allergies can be cured and infection diseases are limited. The diet further claims that you will lose weight and be in good health. The weight loss comes around from a healthy diet and possibly the other claims are affected by the diet in total.
- Clinical Proof. Dr. D’Adamo has stated over and over again that the proof of the diet comes from scientific evidence. Dr. D’Adamo claims that many diseases have been associated with blood types, such as stomach cancer and blood type O. There are many against this type of diet due to no clinical trials.
- Document Your Progress. When starting the diet, follow the program as designed and chart your progress. Some of the suggested foods may not be in season or not available at the grocery store. Adjust or subtract as necessary.
- O Blood Type. O is the largest group of people and this blood type suggests: low in carbohydrates, high in proteins and low in dairy. Avoid oranges, avocados and Brazil nuts and get lots of exercise.
- A Blood Type. People with A blood should avoid red meat; eat plenty of fish with vegetables. This type blood diet should have little dairy and exercise lightly. Avoid peppers, tomatoes, tropical and citrus fruits.
- B Blood Type. People with B blood should avoid chicken and bacon. Eat plenty of meat including turkey instead. Also add in lots of fruits, veggies and dairy. Avoid shellfish, ham, seeds, wheat and sesame seeds.
- AB Blood Type. People with blood type AB should combine the diets of A and B above. Try avoiding: red meat, kidney beans, lima beans, seeds, corn and buckwheat.
- No Diet is Perfect for Everyone. Parts of this diet are high in meat proteins, proven not to be healthy and cause cancer with abundance. Carefully choose healthy portions of everything and experiment. Listen to your body and its needs.