If you want to know how to diet for six pack abs, you are on the right track. Yes, hard rock abs are obtained by exercise but also by dieting. A person can do millions of crunches and never see results if they are not changing their daily meals and lifestyle. Dieting for a six pack is not just a strict diet to follow but more of a lifestyle change to occurs when you want those million dollar abs.
- Eat six small meals a day. This method of dieting works better for every person because you feel fuller all through the day and you won't be tempted to snack on junk foods. This method also keeps your body energized all day without needing anything in between. Eating six small meals a day also slows down the body's process of feeding off of muscles and stored fat, which can help build muscle in faster time.
Avoid bad carbohydrates. Yes, carbs are the enemy and they always will be. Carbohydrates such as white bread, pastas, sugar, and starch are all empty calories and give no nutrition to your body. These are considered "bad carbs" and will give you a little boost of energy and then cause you to crash.
- Eat more good carbohydrates. Eating a clean diet for a six pack is all about moderation. There are carbohydrates that you actually healthy for you that will give you the energy boost you need without adding the pounds. Foods such as brown rice, whole wheat bread and pastas, leafy green vegetables and fruit are also a great addition to your diet.
- Eat lean meat. While protein is one way to get fabulous abs, you need to watch the fat intake. Try to stick to the leaner side of protein by consuming more fish, egg whites, tuna, salmon, turkey and chicken.
- Cook at home. Choosing the food you consume is only half of the battle, you need to prepare and cook food just as healthy. You can eat all the fish you want, but if you fry it in butter, it's not going to help your diet for six pack abs. Substitute butter with olive oil or canola oil. You should try to bake or broil your meats as much as possible. Try to stay away from extra breading and side dishes that are prepackaged.
- Drink more water. Water hydrates your muscles, your skin and everything else. If you are dehydrated, you body will retain more water to make up for what it's lost. By drinking more water, your body will stay hydrated and even give the appearance of smoother skin. It's recommended that you drink 8-10 6oz. glasses of water a day. If you sweat more than usual, you should probably give your body a little extra.
Tips: Consume more Omega-3s. Thess vitamins are essential to the make up of your body's muscle contents, and it's also healthy for your heart. Foods such as nuts, beans, lean meat, and eggs whites. Exercise daily. Yes, you still need to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day 3-5 times per week. Seek professional advice. If you are doing everything right, eating all the right foods and exercising as you should, you might have hit a plateau. In this case, it's best to speak with a professional nutritionist to help you figure out what is holding you back.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…