Kneed to know how to disassemble iPhone 2G? The knowledge to disassemble the iPhone will be beneficial if you need to replace any part of your phone. This will help save money in the long run, so follow the steps provided to safely disassemble iPhone 2G.
The items you will need:
- Paper clip
- Micro Phillips screwdriver
- Case opener
Turn off your iPhone 2G.
- Use a paper clip and insert it at the hole located at the top of the iPhone 2G. The sim card will slide right out.
- Use a case opener and wedge it at the lower part of the iPhone. Slide the case opener to the left and right until the back casing comes off.
- There are three screws located at the top where the back casing came off. Use a micro Phillip screwdriver to take out the screws. Place the screws in a cup so you won't lose them.
- Use the case opener and run it at all the sides of the iPhone 2G. The back case will slightly open up so use your fingers to carefully pry it open. There is a ribbon attached to the back casing so slowly open it to the side to see the ribbon cable. If the ribbon cable gets damaged your iPhone 2G won't work.
- Use the case opener to lift the tab holding the ribbon cable in place. Place the back piece aside.
- Take out the camera of your iPhone 2G by using the case opener. Lift the top of the camera using the case opener and it will come off. Set the camera aside.
- There are two wires that are attached to the motherboard. Use the micro screwdriver and slowly lift the end of the wire. The end of the wires will have glue attached to it.
- There are three screws located at the top and sides of the motherboard. Use the micro Phillip screwdriver to remove them.
- Use the case opener and wedge it at the bottom of the battery. Lift the battery and set it on top of the motherboard. The battery is attached to the motherboard by three wires. You can solder the wires off if you decide to replace the battery.
- Use the micro screwdriver to take out the dock connector cord attached to the motherboard. It's located where the battery once was.
- Lift the motherboard and use the micro Phillip screwdriver to take out three ribbon cables at the bottom of the motherboard. Set the motherboard and the battery aside.
- There screws around the sides of the metal frame that will need to be removed by using the micro Phillip screwdriver. Slide the frame up and set it aside.
- Use the case opener and wedge it between the digitizer and LCD screen. Work your way around the sides and lift the LCD screen with your fingers. Now you've fully disassembled the iPhone 2G.