If you have been experiencing some problems with your Wii, you might want to know how to dissemble your Wii. Repairs to the Wii can be very expensive, but if you love fixing things, you can save a lot of money by knowing how to disassemble your Wii and possibly being able to diagnose the problem yourself. Follow these steps to learn how to disassemble your Nintendo Wii.
To disassemble a Wii, you need:
- Tri-wing screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Razor knife
- Remove the controller port and memory card doors. To remove the doors, open the doors and push them towards the top side of the console. Now you should be able to just pull them out.
- Turn the Wii console upside down to remove the tri-wing screws. Once the console is turned upside down, remove the two plastic feet with a flat-head screwdriver. Next, remove the two paper feet using a razor knife. Now you can use the tri-wing screwdriver to remove the four uncovered tri-wing screws.
- Remove the battery. On the other side of the Wii console with the serial number, remove the plastic foot and the paper foot. Unscrew the battery screw using a Phillips screwdriver and remove the battery.
- Remove the screw under the plastic foot with a Phillip screwdriver. Remove the tri-wing screw that is in the battery compartment and remove the screw from underneath the paper foot. The faceplate is now held in place by only one screw, so be careful handling the Wii console.
- Remove the faceplate. Turn the console to where the controller ports are facing you. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the three black screws. First remove the left and middle screws and then remove the screw on the right last because it is holding the faceplate on. Slightly pull off the faceplate and lay it down on its face so that you can unplug the connector.
- Remove the top plastic cover. Turn the Wii console back on the controller port side and remove the black controller port cover. You can easily remove it by pulling from the top memory card slot. There are more screws underneath the controller port cover. Use the tri-wing screwdriver to undo the two screws. You can now remove the top plastic cover by carefully pulling on each of the four corners and lifting it straight up.
- Remove the four DVD screws. Next, carefully lift the DVD drive up just enough to slide your fingers between the motherboard casing and the drive. The resistance you feel is caused by one of the DVD drive's cables being caught on a piece of plastic. Slide you hand into the gap that you made, carefully pull the cable forward and continue to lift it, making sure to only lift the side that is farthest from the controller ports. Pull the wire cable straight out to disconnect it. The ribbon cable will be held in place by a hinged connecter, so you will need to use your fingernail to pull it up–this will unlatch it. Your Wii is now disassembled.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?