How To DJ Like Daft Punk
So you want to learn how to DJ like Daft Punk. You want to look like a space-age astroboy in a smiley-faced astronaut suit and expensive DJ turntables. You'd like to sound just as cool as you look.
To truly DJ like Daft Punk, you'll need:
- Fish bowl or motorcycle helmet
- Gold or silver spray paint
- Dorky business suit or sweat suit outfit
- Tin foil or robot gloves
- DJ Hero game and turntable
- Deck yourself out in a Daft Punk helmet. The less visible your facial features are, the better. Consider spray-painting a fish bowl and putting it over your head. Or if that doesn't work, try a motorcycle helmet because that's probably as close as you'll ever get to a Daft Punk helmet without calling them up and asking them for one personally.
- Wear a business suit - preferably in red, orange or blue. If that's not quite your thing, visit the old guy section at your local retailer and pick up a dweeby zip-up sweat jacket and colored jeans.
- Don't forget the gloves. Daft Punk's gloves are multi-segmented metal, robot gloves. If you lack these, just cover your hands in tin foil.
- Learn to work the tables... the DJ tables, that is. Pop in your DJ Hero disc and start practicing. Work all the way until you unlock all the packets. Pay careful attention to the Daft Punk package. Focus on their moves. Spin like they do - preferably with the DJ Hero turntable safely placed on a table in front of you, not held in your arms as you dance. Bob your head, shake your arms and move like a robot. You'll be a perfect replica.
Posted on: Jun. 24, 2010