Whether you want to break out a fly b-boy move, attack the ropes with eye-popping wrestling moves, or be the center of attention among the flexible ladies on your cheerleading squad, confidence is the key to performing a back handspring. Here are a few basics to help learn a safe back hand spring.
- Perform a tight body drill to gain control of your body. Stretch your fingers up to the ceiling while pushing up with your toes. Have someone push down on your fingertips for resistance. Feeling how every muscle becomes tight will help you control your body while doing the back handspring.
Practice hand stand push ups against a wall with a pillow over your head. Continue practicing until you can do ten confidently.
- Learn how to perform a hand stand snap-down. Step into a hand stand. When you are straight in the air lever back down by snapping your legs back to the ground. Push off hard with your hands and end holding your hands up. Be able to do this at least ten times in a row before trying a back handspring
Stand with your feet and arms together, arms behind your ears, chin down.
- Swing your arms downward then forward as you begin to lean backwards.
- Swing your arms above your head. With a strong hip thrust, extend off the floor using your armpit muscles, abs, legs, and feet. abdomen and armpit muscles from your legs and feet.
- Point your toes extending from your ankles. Let your legs drive you up and back.
- Keep your head between your arms while you look for a place to land.
- Touch your hands to the floor with your body still arched. Hands should be straight forward or turned slightly with fingers slightly spread.
Swing your legs and feet over and snap them down firmly the way you practiced.
- Land with legs slightly bent and swing your arms out in front of your body.
Think with your head but throw with your arms.
Do not lock your knees coming out of the snap down or they may be damaged.
Spinal, neck injury and possibly death can occur if you do not perform the move properly. So make sure you really know what you're doing before you attempt to do this.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.