Any male who wants to exercise his untrained biceps should know how to do bicep curls. Bicep curls are one of many ways to train your biceps. Big biceps are the dream of many men and the envy of others. Most women love to be held in arms that have big or toned biceps. If done properly and consistently, bicep curls are an easy route to toned or bigger biceps. The guide below will get you on your way to toned or bigger biceps with proper bicep curls.
You will need:
- An easy curl bar. With at least twenty five pounds of weight plates.
- A fifteen pound dumbell (optional).
- Proper form. If you are going to benefit from any exercise you must use proper form. Load your easy curl bar with twenty pounds to start. From a standing position, bend over and grab the easy curl bar where it is bent. Stand up and spread your feet a little bit wider than shoulder width apart, breath out as you curl the weight slowly, stop at your shoulders. Breath in as you lower the weight. Do not lean forward or backwards when doing bicep curls. Do five sets, eight to ten repetitions each.
- Variations. With the easy curl bar in your hands and your elbows locked out, curl the bar up to your forehead. Do half curls, curl the weight until your forearms are parallel to the floor, then let the weight down, locking your elbows out. Start your bicep curls with your forearms parallel to the floor and curl the weight to your shoulders or forehead, let the weight down until your forearms are parallel to the floor. Start with your elbows locked, curl the weight halfway, stop, curl the weight from halfway up to your shoulders. Let the weight down slowly, stop when you forearms are parallel to the floor, then let the weight down and lock your elbows out, repeat. You will not be able to do as many sets or repetitions with these variations. Two or three sets, of four repetitions will do.
- Dumbell curls. Stand with you feet shoulder width apart, pick the dumbell up with one hand and place your free hand on your other waist. The weighted ends of the dumbells should point to the front and back of you. Curl the dumbell slowly, twisting the dumbell towards your body as it passes your waist, stop at your shoulder. Lower the dumbell, twisting it away from your body before it passes your waist, stop at the starting position.
Always remember, safety and form first. Be prepared mentally as well as physically before doing bicep curls, also do a light stretch before your curls. Always wear shoes when doing bicep curls and never do anything that hurts. And always use proper breathing when doing bicep curls.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.