How To Do Business In China
Are you're a contractor and you need to know how to do business in China? Well, we're going to tell you the ins and outs of doing business in China. It's a little tricky in some ways, but easy in others. Follow these tips and you'll be sure you get a good contract!
- Learn a bit of Chinese. Learning some Chinese is a good way to start learning how to do business in China. It shows the businessmen you care about their country and you're actually trying to learn more about their culture. This could make the businessmen be a little bit more generous and easier to do business with.
- Don't be racist. The worst way to do business in China is to be racist. This will definitely put you in a bad position. Even if you want to joke around a bit, don't make fun of their race or culture.
- Be respectful. Whenever you're about to talk to someone in China, greet them in Chinese. This shows you're not trying to be impolite. If someone is talking too quickly or they have too thick of an accent when speaking English, ask them politely to talk a bit slowly. Don't be rude and you'll surely be able to make business deals.
- Slow down. A lot of American businessmen like to get straight to the point. This is usually not the case in China. A lot of Westerners need to slow down to the Chinese pace of business. Once you have slowed down, relaxed and have managed your time, you'll find that doing business in China is quite easy!
- Know the tricks! Chinese businessmen usually like to pressure you at the very last minute just to get you to sign the contract. The contract may contain loopholes that will prove to benefit them more than you! They also like to threaten to do business somewhere else if their demands aren't met. Additionally, Chinese businessmen may lure you in with friendly manners, saying that a friendly agreement benefits both ways. However, make sure that it both parties will benefit. They also could appear angry if they are afraid of the contract. Don't be fooled by these tricks!
- Play the game yourself. Be completely prepared. Make sure your presentation is completely prepared. Let the businessmen know that failure to agree with the deal is acceptable. Don't work at it too hard or it'll give them businessmen a bad impression of you and your company. Don't forget to be patient!